I’m not against the sale of Cannabis as I recognize the economic potential of this new industry. However, I am not supporting Cannabis shops for Ward 12 at this time as the regulatory framework hasn’t been established to my satisfaction. Particularly since the province is not allowing municipalities to apply licensing locally.
- Opt-out of cannabis stores for one year (the province is giving municipalities this option)
- Be proactive – Establish a working group in collaboration with police, health services and local associations to consult with the community
- Develop regulations at the municipal level to help control the impact of Cannabis
- Reach out to the province and lobby for funds to better regulate the framework locally
- Focus on reducing harm – help landlords better control second-hand smoke by securing funding for smoke rooms and ventilation upgrades, for example.
There’s a lot at stake this election. The choice we make on October 22 will determine our future. Join us. Together, we will bring change to City Hall. Sign up to receive updates, volunteer or donate today.